What is pupil premium?
The Pupil Premium (PP) is an allocation of additional funding provided to schools to support specific groups of children who are vulnerable to possible underachievement. These include pupils who are entitled to free school meals (FSM); this will also include pupils eligible for FSM at any point in the last 6 years (known as the Ever 6 FSM measure). Those children looked after by the local authority, or who have been adopted from care, the children of armed service personnel, this will also include service children who have been eligible for service funding in the last 5 years (known as Ever 5 measure).
The intended purpose of this funding is to accelerate progress and raise attainment through targeted support for these vulnerable children.
Why should I apply?
- Your child will have access to a range of benefits: free breakfast club, support in academic learning and free school meals.
- Application, eligibility and benefits for Pupil Premium are handled discretely, confidentially and flexibly. For example: if you choose not to access Free School Meals, you may still wish your child to receive other benefits.
- Each child eligible for Pupil Premium would bring in £1320 per year for six years following the successful application. With this additional funding comes additional expectations and accountability. We are rigorous in tracking the impact of this funding on our Pupil Premium children to ensure improved outcomes.
Apply by downloading and printing this form. When completed bring it into the school office for checking.
At Vigo Primary School we aim to ensure that;
- All staff are aware of who the Pupil Premium Children are
- All staff will understand the needs of Pupil Premium Children
- We have high expectations for all children
- We will address the gap in the social, emotional and pastoral needs of the children through opportunities to improve and enrich the experiences that the children have at school
- We will work closely with families to develop better home routines and improve attendance
- we will encourage individuals to be responsible learners and create a supportive learning environment.
- We will monitor and evaluate spending, and evidence that this has had a positive impact on our children