What is pupil premium?
The Pupil Premium (PP) is an allocation of additional funding provided to schools to support specific groups of children who are vulnerable to possible underachievement. These include pupils who are entitled to free school meals (FSM); this will also include pupils eligible for FSM at any point in the last 6 years (known as the Ever 6 FSM measure). Those children looked after by the local authority, or who have been adopted from care, the children of armed service personnel, this will also include service children who have been eligible for service funding in the last 5 years (known as Ever 5 measure).
The intended purpose of this funding is to accelerate progress and raise attainment through targeted support for these vulnerable children.
Why should I apply?
- If your child qualifies for full Pupil Premium funding (PP), they will have access to a range of benefits, which include: support in academic learning, free school meals, free breakfast club and a school jumper/cardigan or sweatshirt..
- If your child qualifies for Service Pupil Premium (SPP) funding, they will have access to additional pastoral support
- Application, eligibility and benefits for Pupil Premium are handled discretely, confidentially and flexibly. For example: if you choose not to access Free School Meals, you may still wish your child to receive other benefits.
- Following the successful application, for the next 6 years, each child eligible for full Pupil Premium (PP) would bring in £1320 per year and each child eligible for Service Pupil Premium (SPP) would bring in £310 per year. With this additional funding comes additional expectations and accountability. We are rigorous in tracking the impact of this funding on our Pupil Premium children to ensure improved outcomes.
Apply by downloading and printing this form. When completed bring it into the school office for checking.
At Vigo Primary School we aim to ensure that;
- All staff are aware of who the Pupil Premium Children are
- All staff will understand the needs of Pupil Premium Children
- We have high expectations for all children
- We will address the gap in the social, emotional and pastoral needs of the children through opportunities to improve and enrich the experiences that the children have at school
- We will work closely with families to develop better home routines and improve attendance
- we will encourage individuals to be responsible learners and create a supportive learning environment.
- We will monitor and evaluate spending, and evidence that this has had a positive impact on our children