Relationships and Sex Education (RSE)
Relationships and Sex education (RSE) at Vigo Primary School
The Department for Education has announced changes to Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) statutory guidance. These changes will come into effect from Summer term 2021 and all schools will be required to comply with the updated requirements.
In light of these changes, we are reviewing our PDL curriculum and policy, so we can be sure our provision is appropriate for our pupils based on:
· Age and maturity levels, as well as their cultural and religious backgrounds
· The values of our school community
· Every pupil’s learning needs
· What pupils need to know to be healthy and safe in school, in their personal relationships and in the wider world
· What pupils need to know in order to be prepared for puberty and give them an understanding of, and the importance of, health and hygiene
· The importance of developing feelings of self-respect, confidence and empathy
· Creating a positive culture around issues of safe loving relationships
Please read and listen to the commentary on the parent and carer consultation presentation and then read the documents below before completing the parent and carer questionnaire.