Year 3 2020-21
Welcome to the Year 3 Home Learning Zone!
During this period of school closures, we will continue to upload home learning tasks onto this page for your child to complete. These can be found in the Home Learning section below. Just click on the relevant week.
We have provided:
- Daily Reading Tasks
- Daily Writing Tasks
- Daily Maths Tasks
- Weekly Spellings. These can be found in the Weekly Spellings section on this web page. Your child should know which group they are in but if they have forgotten, please email their class teacher.
- Weekly P.E. Challenge
We have also provided on this page below:
- A link to Vigo's Purple Mash page. The Stone Age topic tasks have been allocated in the '2Do' section of your child's Purple Mash account. Login details were sent home with your child on the last day before school closure.
- Ideas for this half term's project on The Stone Age with research links.
- A link to Times Tables Rockstars.
- Links to online Spelling and Maths games.
- Suggestions for fun activities to do at home.
We would love to receive photos of your children's home learning via email so we can add them to our Home Learning Hall of Fame.
Stay safe. We are thinking of you all at this strange and unprecedented time.
Mrs Hickman, Ms Dalgarno and Miss Farrell
Home Learning Hall of Fame
Take a look at what our amazing Year 3 children have been up to during school closure.
Letters to Family and Friends
Lewis wrote a letter to his Great Grandad who is 91 years old.
Out and About
Suggested Home Learning Schedule
THE STONE AGE
Find out about life in the Stone Age. Why was it called the 'stone' age? Where did they live? What did they eat? What clothes did they wear? See what you can find out! After you have done lots of research, create a fact file, information booklet, video, Power Point presentation, poster (your choice) showing what you have found out. Email a photo of your project to Mrs Hickman to enter the Home Learning Hall of Fame. All of the tasks allocated on Purple Mash are linked to The Stone Age.
A variety of tasks have been allocated to your child in the '2Do' section of their account. Login details were sent home with your child on a piece of card along with their Timestables Rockstars Login details. There is an email facility on Purple Mash so your child can stay in touch with their classmates and teachers. All emails are read and approved by teachers before they can be seen by the children.
Online Maths Games
Fun Activities to do at Home
Children's Book Quiz
Host your own children's book quiz. You could do this at home with your family or via Zoom with friends. Team sheets, two rounds of questions, a picture round and answers are provided.